Foster requirements – Cats
Thank you for offering to become a foster home for our organization! To be considered as a foster home for our organization, you must:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- If you rent your home you must have consent from your landlord to have a cat/kitten
- Have all dogs and cats in the home spayed or neutered, if they are 6 months or older, unless there are medical reasons for not doing so.
- Have all animals in the home up to date on vaccinations.
- Agree to have a home visit done by one of our volunteers. The volunteer will need to see the areas of the home where the cat/kitten will be allowed and also visit with family members and current pets. Distance is a factor in whether or not the required home visit can be completed. We are a 100% volunteer run organization. Although we do have volunteer contacts in many areas, some areas may be difficult for us to locate a volunteer to conduct the home visit. We will let you know ASAP if your application needs to be denied due to our inability to find a volunteer to conduct the home visit.
You must also agree to the following conditions, which are included in the foster home agreement contract:
- Agree to have the cat/kitten wear a Designer Dog Rescue ID tag on its collar at all times when in public or outdoors (if old enough).
- Agree to never allow the foster cat/kitten to be outdoors.
- Agree to never allow foster cat/kitten to be left unattended with young children.
Our rescue organization is an all (unpaid) volunteer organization. For each application we receive it takes us approximately 3 hours to review, contact all personal and veterinary references, and make a decision on approval of it. Depending upon volunteer availability, this can take us several days to accomplish, especially when we receive many applications or if we have difficulties reaching references.